Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Second Attempt

This time we attempted to spread rumors about the cargo we'll be carrying. We received another summons from the Minister of Trade. We related the story of the old man at the dock. The captain says the old man "Crazy Meril" has been at the docks for more years than anyone can keep track of. He does a few odd jobs, is well known to the sailors.

We've decided to investigate Crazy Meril. We sent Batty into the taverns to look for Crazy Meril. Batty found Crazy Meril and Kua, Hope and I went in. Idhron and Salidar guarded the front door and the gnomes guarded the back door. Kua helped me with my show and we found Crazy Meril had a magic aura. I started telling fortunes, and worked my way over to Crazy Meril's table. Crazy Meril certainly lived up to his name. I felt that I was at least making progress….I had nearly gotten him to talk about ships….when Grace came up and to hit him upside the head. I messaged her….and Crazy Meril cast fog cloud. I attempted to fascinate him with seagull calls on my pipes. He summoned a huge something…I heard it growl….

On crazy Meril we found--

Small pouch 50 gp
Small flat pouch--scraps of vellum, black crayon

We took him to the Government Building, where the guards summoned the minister of trade. We explained, briefly, what had happened. Crazy Meril was taken into custody. A cleric was brought to heal us and we have been given quarters for the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment