Saturday, August 20, 2011

Questions

Tunnanor is going to remain in Balan and Torail to gather information on the war’s end, so I have a few days, maybe even a week or so to decide what I want my question to be. He says that if I choose to wait longer, I can always use a sending to contact him with my question. Though, he says, it would take him at least a day to discern the answer to my question, so I shouldn’t expect an immediate reply in an emergency situation. And when he told me that, I was grateful that he had the foresight to warn me about the time difference. It wasn’t until later, sitting down as I was writing this, that I realized I had become the sort of person that might need to know critical information in an emergency situation. Might? Probably. No doubt. Certainly.

Lovely.

In the meantime, I’ve given some thought on what I can do to find information on my mother. I know she came from Kissingersee to Balan. I could try tracking her trail here by talking to people and seeing if anyone knows her or might remember her. But it has been 30 years, and that makes for a pretty cold trail. Instead, I’m going to find a mage who can perform a scrying on her. I might have to travel home and ask Aunt Nim for an item that belonged to Mother, but I don’t want to bother Aunt Nim with it yet. I know the topic still troubles her. I do want to go home to visit Aunt Nim, but I don’t want to go home and upset Aunt Nim.

What else do I want to ask for my Question?

--a bardic musical instrument? One that increases the number of creatures I can fascinate?
--a magical tome that would expand my understanding or my knowledge of music?

I need a purpose.

I want to leave those I meet better off for having known me no matter how brief the interaction is.

No comments:

Post a Comment